Die casting is a high-efficiency precision casting method, called die casting, in which molten or semi-melted alloy is injected into the pressure cavity of the die casting machine, and filled into the cavity of the die casting mold at a very high speed under high pressure. Cool and solidify under high pressure. High pressure and high speed are two major characteristics of molten alloy filling process in die casting process, and they are also the most fundamental difference between die casting and other casting methods. Die-casting products and plastic products have many similarities in structural design, but they also have different requirements.
1. The thickness of the die casting. The thickness of die-cast products mainly refers to the thickness of the material.
2. The stretching angle of the die casting. Die-casting parts, like plastic parts, require draft angles on both the inner and outer surfaces. The draft angle of the outer surface of the die casting is generally 1 to 3. The draft angle of the inner surface is slightly larger than the draft angle of the outer surface to facilitate the ejection of the product.
3. Subsequent processing of die castings. Die-cast products sometimes fail to meet the design requirements and require subsequent processing. The threads in the screw are subsequently processed, and only the bottom hole is required when designing the product. When there is a deep hole on the die-casting part, the die-casting part only needs to make the position of the hole (shallow hole), and then complete it through subsequent mechanical drilling.
4. Die casting products cannot be deformed. The connection method is usually threaded connection. If a snap connection is made, the connected product must be deformable, such as a plastic product.
5. The shape of the die-cast product should not be too complicated. Too complicated molds are difficult to form and easily damaged. When designing die-cast products, try to avoid the reverse bending of the mold.
6. Die-casting products should not have too much steel bars, but for thin-walled parts, steel bars should be appropriately designed to increase the bending resistance of the product and prevent product deformation.
Post time: Oct-19-2020